International Travel Security
Once purchased, you will receive an email with your online course membership login.
International Travel Security (ITS) is a business travel security course designed to build competence and confidence for safe travel abroad. The course is designed for short-term travellers visiting low-to-medium risk destinations and everyone from the frequent to the first-time traveller.
The easy-to-follow, learner journey includes:
- Where is Safe? Assessing your safety and risk while travelling, what makes you vulnerable and how to mitigate risks
- Personalising Security: adopting a security mindset, situational awareness, Self Awareness and the impact of personal behaviour and choices
- Self Care During Travel: the impact of stress and resulting risk during travel, travel health, resilience & wellbeing
- Planning Your Trip: Safe transport and accommodation, packing and first aid kits, your point of contact, medication and money, culture and legal rights
- Digital Security: what is digital and cybersecurity?, commons scams, scare-ware, protecting your information and devices during travel
- Security Threats: preventing and responding to theft and robbery, gunfire and explosions, sexual violence, car accidents, medical emergencies
This 4-hour course utilises the curriculum of a 1-day, in-person course created by a women-led, Learning and Development Team with over 50 years of cumulative international travel experience in both low and high risk environments. The online version is packed with learner engagement including realistic, real-world scenarios, actionable tips and hand-picked resources. Completion of the course enables organisations to evidence duty of care for international travellers.
All Safer Edge courses provide a learner journey framework which guides learners through the modules and sessions, inclusive and diverse pictures and languages, a trauma-sensitive approach, knowledge checks for learning, options to repeat segments, a learner manual and a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) certificate at the conclusion.