TravelWise - Pre-travel readiness course for Adults
Once purchased, you will receive an email with your online course membership login.
TravelWise is a pre-travel readiness course designed to build competence and confidence for older adults new to international travel. The course is designed for short-term travellers visiting low-to-medium risk destinations such as tour, cruise or self-directed travel.
The easy-to-follow, learner journey includes:
- Pre-travel Hacks: understanding safety while travelling abroad, the importance of pre-travel planning, where to go for advice and information and how to evaluate it, building an itinerary, communication, travel documents, laws in other countries, insurance, preparing to be health, packing and choosing safe accommodation and travel
- Personalising Security: understanding yourself, how perception affects safety and purpose of travel, how personal characteristics, capabilities and behaviour affect travel safety
- Self Care During Travel: the impact of stress and resulting risk during travel, travel health, resilience & wellbeing
- Planning Your Trip: Safe transport and accommodation, packing and first aid kits, your point of contact, medication and money, device and internet security, culture and legal rights
- What Could Go Wrong? Understanding best practice in reducing risk and responding to travel threats including: aggressive situations, travel scams, theft & robbery, vehicle accidents, medical emergencies, sexual violence, fire, severe weather and earthquake
- Travelling Resiliently: how to handle situations when they go wrong, including reporting theft and crime, insurance, medical treatment and the role of an embassy
- Ready to Fly! Developing a personalised approach and plan to safety during the trip
This 4-hour course utilises the curriculum of a 1-day, in-person course created by a women-led, Learning and Development Team with over 50 years of cumulative international travel experience in both low and high risk environments. The online version is packed with learner engagement including realistic, real-world scenarios, actionable tips and hand-picked resources. Completion of the course enables organisations to evidence duty of care for international travellers.
All Safer Edge courses provide a learner journey framework which guides learners through the modules and sessions, inclusive and diverse pictures and languages, a trauma-sensitive approach, knowledge checks for learning, options to repeat segments, and a learner manual.