Women's Security for Everyone
Once purchased, you will receive an email with your online course membership login.
If you would like the course in French, Spanish or Arabic please indicate this in the note section upon checkout.
If you are purchasing the course for others, or multiple people, please put their first name, second name and email address in the note section along with the language they would like the course in (English, French, Spanish, Arabic). The default language is English.
Safer Edge is a leading provider of personal security e-learning courses having trained thousands of humanitarian and development professionals, journalists, UN and donor personnel over the past eight years.
Women's Security for Everyone (WS4E) is an exciting opportunity to take in-person residential courses into an engaging 14-hour online format. This makes the course available to professionals no matter where they are in the world. WS4E is designed for women, LGBTQ+ or those interested in a gendered perspective on security.
The WS4E Learner Journey includes:
- Risk Assessment: how to construct and interpret a risk assessment, security strategies, mitigation measures
- Personal Profile & Mitigation: understanding the impact of our personal characteristics, behaviours and capabilities in enhancing or constraining our safety
- Travel Planning & Road Traffic Accidents: Preparing to be safe, pre-departure planning, road traffic accidents, safety in modes of transport and accommodation
- Managing Checkpoints: how are checkpoints dangerous? Checkpoint security, safely navigating checkpoints
- Carjacking: when & where carjackings occur, common tactics used, what to do in the event of a carjacking
- Digital Security: safe use of internet and devices, commons scams and hacks
- Self Awareness: understanding and developing self awareness for safety, self awareness in the remote and difficult contexts
- Interpersonal Skills: human interaction and violence, how culture and perception affects safety, defusing aggression, negotiation
- Weapons, Cover and Complex Attacks: when gunfire, explosives and active shooter attacks occur, different weapons use, minimising vulnerability, cover and concealment, responding in active shooter or terrorist attacks
- Self Care: safely managing stress, boredom to burnout, fostering and maintaining resilience
- Theft & Robbery: where and when theft and robbery occurs, how to reduce risks and how to respond appropriately
- Civil Unrest: when and where civil unrest occurs, types of civil unrest and violence associated, avoiding and responding to civil unrest
- Arrest, Detention & Kidnap: what to do in initial custody-taking, during detention, the role of an embassy, where kidnapping occurs and the progression of a kidnap, interrogation and commonly used techniques and response
WS4E was creat